Full Time Permanent
FP & A:
To provide advice on key financial matters based on a deep understanding of the business, and will also support the development of strategy for the Hong Kong business
To deliver finance planning, reporting outputs, analysis and insight as required.
To assist Financial Controller/CFO by providing financial insight, planning, decision making support, and internal and external financial reporting in line with business unit, group and legal entity requirements.
The incumbent will be responsible for clarification and interpretation of accounting policy and accounting standards requirements of IFRS17, IFRS 9 and other financial related project.
- Have a deep understanding of HASL Asia's strategic and business objectives, review HASL Asia's financial plan and ensure its rationality and consistency with HASL Asia’s strategy
- Maintain relationships with key business leaders and team managers
- Help Financial controller to lead the financial aspect of strategic planning for the company
- Drive entities’ business results and align strategic directions through increased analysis capacity and provide reasonable management suggestions
Financial analysis and reporting
- Support Financial controller on the finance analysis and compare against the plan, highlighting the underlying business reasons for the variance.
- Proactively present the results of the analysis and make recommendations to improve performance.
- Build and maintain frameworks for assessing financial result for HASL Asia.
- Track the business performance, prepare report & analytics to executives, the Board and HASL Group
- Support to standardization of definitions and metrics for both financial reporting and management reporting
- Improve control, governance and quality of data and reporting system
- Handle various finance related projects as assigned, including but not limited to projects on IFRS 17, IFRS 9, accounting system, fund accounting system and other process improvement.
- Work closely with IT team, project members and external consultant/suppliers on user requirements, feasibility study, delivery and user acceptance test.
- Escalate project issues and recommend solutions to ensure agreed project timelines, deliverables and benefits are achieved on time and within budget.
- Provide training, develop user manual, procedures to finance staff throughout the change process.
- Be the finance subject matter expert in IFRS 17 and IFRS 9 projects, including
- Develop new IFRS 17 and IFRS 9 accounting logic, the accounting posting rules and Chart of Accounts;
- Develop accounting process implication; Design the financial closing reporting processes;
- Assist in producing IFRS17 technical papers and accounting policy documents for Project Sponsors’ review and for the Steering Committee approval;
- Assist in building the management information and financial analytical framework on IFRS 17 and IFRS 9;
- Participate in data and system infrastructure design for IFRS 17;
- Design and/or revamp relevant reporting control under the standards;
Qualifications / Experience / Requirements
- Qualified accountant or actuary or close to final qualifications
- University graduate required
- Solid at least 6 working experiences in finance and accounting experience.
- Good time management
- Good understanding and interpretation of insurance company financial statements.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge in Oracle is an advantage.
- Able to work independently, under pressures and demanding deadlines.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with an ability to distil complex technical information into clear simple messages
- High level of analytical skills
We offer attractive salaries and excellent benefits.
We value and promote diversity and equal opportunities in all aspects of our business. All resourcing will be carried out in line with our Company diversity policy.
Any personal data we collect will only be used for recruitment purposes. We keep all applications confidentially on file for six months.