Senior IT Manager
Full Time Permanent
Lead the IT operation team to provide a full range of information technology services required by the business. It is also necessary that the services are supported by appropriate and robust platforms, applications, processes and strategies.
- Lead the team to provide IT Operations functions including IT Services, Application Support, System Configuration and IT Security Management.
- Support the Head of IT in formulating IT strategies that are technically sound, which will maximize investment and is fully aligned with business strategy.
- Work closely with business users to ensure understanding of business requirements and identify potential improvement/enhancement areas, and to promote service awareness to the users.
- Influence the business (including Leadership team) on the delivery, costs, availability and functionality of services and systems, to ensure that IT solutions are fully considered as part of setting business strategy.
- Responsible for the training, developing and the overall performance of the teams
IT Service Management
- Lead the team to provide high quality IT services to the business that meets with the relevant professional and Company standards, controls and governances to maintain business confidence
- Propose and deliver plans and strategies based on the analysis of incidents and problems created and monitored in order to improve management of problems and to minimize the occurrence of incidents.
- Establish and lead proactive initiatives to develop and improve the quality of IT and change services provided to customers, and maintain a focus on continuous improvement.
- Lead the team to determine probable causes and preventative measures for new and known system and service errors, initiates preventative actions, and monitors deviations from internal or external service level agreements to ensure that the occurrence of incidents is minimized and that the users have maximum system availability.
- Work with Business Continuity Management function, ensures the necessary processes and procedures are in place to maintain or recover the delivery of services to ensure that continuity of service is provided to the Company.
Application Support Management
- Lead the team to manage incident management process, which includes troubleshooting, root cause analysis, propose solution and implement the change to resolve the problem.
- Build and maintain relationships with third party suppliers at senior level to ensure maximum contribution from them on implementing and maintaining various IT solutions, i.e. Life/Asia, AWD, Calastone, IFRS17, etc. to fulfill the business requirement and operation needs.
System Configuration Management
- Responsible for/lead the team to manage the IT System configuration, including Configuration Management Planning, Identification and Control, etc. to align with system development life cycle requirement.
- Establish procedures for independent review of software to ensure the compliance of agreed system design, functional and performance requirements to comply with Configuration Verification and Audit Control.
Information Security Management
- Work with Information Security Officer to establish, maintain and review information security standards and procedures in compliance with Standard Life Aberdeen Group / Insurance Authority (IA) information security and risk management policies, standards and guidelines.
- Act as focal point for internal, external audit and regulator inspection over technology risk and information security matters
- Coordinates the resource to consolidate the evidences and completes the Control Self-Assessment, IT and Protection of Information & Resilience policy return on regularly basis.
Qualifications / Experience
- University degree in any IT discipline.
- Good analytical and technical skills with at least 10 years’ experience in an IT department, preferably in an Operational role.
- ITIL service management qualified or equivalent industry experience.
- Holder of CISSP/CISA/CISM certification preferred. Experience in ISO27001 and/or COBIT security control framework implementation.
- Solid security experience in various technology domain, servers, networking, web services, application development, etc.
- The ability to work effectively with senior management, staff, contractors and suppliers at all levels
- Good interpersonal skills. Independent, flexible and enthusiastic.
- Possess project management skills including leadership, negotiation with external suppliers, influencing and planning.
We offer attractive salaries and excellent benefits.
We value and promote diversity and equal opportunities in all aspects of our business. All resourcing will be carried out in line with our Company diversity policy.
Any personal data we collect will only be used for recruitment purposes. We keep all applications confidentially on file for six months.